Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the dfs.co.uk website terms and conditions for use. These apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order through the Head Office (DFS Direct) Telephone Sales Department, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
This site is owned and operated by DFS Trading Limited ("DFS, we, our, us"). Registered office: 1 Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange, Adwick-le-Street, Doncaster, DN6 7NA. Registered number 01735950 (England and Wales). Email us at email@example.com
DFS Trading Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to credit broking.
To provide you with the very best service, we may monitor or record our calls for training purposes. Mobile charges may apply when calling the free phone number. Charges may apply if calling from outside the UK.
We aim to constantly improve and develop the DFS website for the benefit of all our customers, to allow this process to take place, we may occasionally:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part of it) with or without notice; and/or
- Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of it) following such change will demonstrate your acceptance of such change.
- Alter or extend promotions at any time.
If DFS is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Site we will attempt to correct them as soon as we reasonably can.
Damage to your computer
DFS makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website won’t affect your computer. DFS recommends that you purchase the right firewall and antivirus software to use this and other websites and screen out anything that may damage it. DFS shall not be liable in the very unlikely event that while using this website your computer equipment is damaged.
Accuracy of content
DFS has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. All prices are displayed inclusive of V.A.T. We make every effort to display the colour of the furniture as accurately as possible. But as colour reproduction depends on your computer’s monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of the colour is accurate to the actual product. To help ensure that you purchase the sofa colour of your choice we will endeavour to send out a sample swatch of your chosen colour.
45 years of experience in designing, making and selling sofas means you can always find a dream sofa at a great price at DFS.
Wherever you place your order with DFS, all products made to customers' specifications are on sale at the same price in every store and on-line.
Very competitive normal prices
Our normal price is the non-discount price that a sofa has been offered at, or will be offered at, in the near future.
You can be sure that the normal price is very competitive because we design and make many of our sofas in our own factories in the UK, avoiding the mark-ups of middlemen.
Our design and manufacture expertise also helps us to set very competitive normal prices because we use this knowledge when we’re comparing the price of our sofas with similar sofas from high street retailers, furniture stores on retail parks and independent stores: we know what a sofa should cost and what goes into making it.
Extra special prices… for a limited time only
Throughout the year, we offer some of our sofas to you at a discount on their normal price.
The duration of the discount offer on any sofa is never longer than the time at the normal price.
Before you place an order
If you decide you would like to place an order with DFS by speaking to one of our personal shopping advisors, please have the following information ready as it will help us process your order, however, we will be delighted to answer any queries you may have. Here are some of the most common questions for you to consider:
- Can access be gained easily for the furniture to be delivered? – are the doors wide enough, are there any awkward stairs, lift or passageways?
- Will the furniture fit in the room?
- Which range are you interested in?
- Which items from the range do you want to order? Please note that if you are thinking of buying extra items such as a footstool or chair at a later date, there may be a slight colour shade variance. It is therefore best to order all the furniture you require at the same time
- What colour would you like the furniture in?
- How would you like to pay for the furniture?
Acknowledgement and acceptance of your order
Everything that DFS sells is handmade. As a manufacturer we pride ourselves on being able to make furniture that's perfect for you.
If you place an order with dfs Direct, we will send all your paperwork by 1st class post to arrive within 3 working days.
It is important that you appreciate and understand that this order is a legally binding contract. Your statutory rights, including any cancellation rights, are unaffected.
Processing your order and delivery dates
You will be informed of the likely approximate length of time until delivery at the point of order. Once your order is confirmed as available for delivery we will contact you to agree definite arrangements for the date of delivery. Where possible we will deliver on the first available van in your area as we are unable to store your furniture. Every effort is made to see that the approximate delivery date is accurate, but on rare occasions the manufacture of your furniture may be delayed through circumstances beyond our control. We will, of course, make every effort to keep you informed.
If you choose to pay by one of the interest free credit options the approximate delivery time will start once we have received your signed finance documents and sales contract, so please, return this paperwork as soon as possible.
Your swatch box should be despatched in the next day or two, and we'll contact you by email to let you know that your swatch box is on its way. We would also like to keep in touch with you in the future. However, if you only want to know that your swatch box has been despatched, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link in the same email.
Delivery and installation
A small charge of £55 is made for our delivery and installation service for deliveries made in mainland UK and Northern Ireland, within a 50 mile radius by road of any DFS store. If you wish your order to be delivered outside the 50 mile radius we will be happy to provide you with a personal delivery quotation. e.g. Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, etc.
DFS can deliver and fully install your furniture to destinations outside the UK and regularly deliver to mainland Spain, Portugal and France via our trusted third party suppliers. For a personal quote please call +44 (0)1977 786153 to speak to a personal shopper or leave your details and we will call you back for free.
On the day of delivery, please ensure that the delivery team can gain easy access to the room that the furniture is going into. Please make sure that the area you want the furniture placed is cleared. Our delivery team will unpack your furniture, install it in the room of your choice and if you wish we will remove all packing materials from your home and recycle wherever possible. Unfortunately, we are not able to take away your old furniture. To make sure you are completely satisfied with your furniture the delivery team will ask you to sign for your furniture after it has been installed.
Payment methods include debit or credit cards, Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect or Maestro. Payments can be made electronically by bank transfer, details will be provided on request. DFS do not accept any responsibility for cash sent in the post and strongly recommend that you do NOT use this method of payment.
If DFS have agreed that you can pay for the balance of your order by card on delivery, any outstanding payments must be made to the delivery team before the installation of the furniture will take place.
Distance selling regulations only apply to your order if the goods have not been custom made to your specification or if you have not examined the product in one of our showrooms. If the Distance Selling Regulations do apply you can cancel your furniture by notifying us, in writing, before delivery or within 14 working days beginning with the day after the date of delivery.
Should you wish to return the goods it is your responsibility to take good care of the furniture. You are the owner of the furniture once it has been delivered to you and you are liable for any loss or damage. Failure to take reasonable care may result in a claim against you. To minimise the risk of any such claim we ask that you return the goods in appropriate packaging such as to prevent damage in transit.
Due to their intimate nature, all mattresses will be delivered sealed in clear plastic wrapping that will allow for inspection. Any mattresses that have been unsealed will be deemed as having been used. Therefore they cannot be returned for any reason other than because they are not as described or are not of satisfactory quality.
It is your responsibility to return the items to our central delivery point in a good condition. However DFS recognise that many customers do not have the means to do this, and so will arrange collection during normal business hours (Monday to Friday) if requested. In such circumstances a charge of up to 20% of the price of the furniture will be made to cover the cost of collecting the items. This charge will be calculated according to the number of items to be returned, availability of a delivery vehicle, your location and complexity of removal.
Following cancellation of your order any monies paid will be refunded by the method you used to pay us and usually within 14 days.
DFS are the leading specialist in upholstered furniture and we go to great lengths to ensure that everything we sell is of the highest quality. DFS have such confidence in the sofas we sell that we offer a 10-year guarantee on everything we make and on products that we have exclusively sourced from our supplier partners.
The guarantee starts from the date of delivery and offers cover against manufacturing defects on the construction of the frame and frame springs. We also cover your furniture for 2 years against any defects which may arise, under normal use, through faulty factory workmanship, including sofabed and recliner mechanisms. Find out more about our
Your statutory rights are unaffected.
We offer a 2 year guarantee on all occasional, dining and bedroom furniture and all mattresses.
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at all times with us or licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by DFS.You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract. Our products are chosen on the basis that they will be used for domestic use. If you are planning to use them for business purposes please make sure that you are covered by the appropriate insurance. Where you decide to use the products in the course of a business, we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose. Our maximum liability to business users arising out of or in connection with the products shall be limited to the replacement value of the product in question (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud). In relation to business users, we do not accept liability for the fitness of goods for business purposes, nor do we accept liability for loss of use of the item nor any loss over and above the cost of the item in the event of a claim for breach of warranty or condition. All our sofa's are suitable for general domestic use only. For commercial use, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for safety standards or compliance unless you have requested, in writing, furniture for use in that environment and we have supplied relevant safety certification.
DFS shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related order for products to any third party.
If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Prize draw open to persons aged 18 years or over who are UK residents. Draw not open to employees of DFS their families or anyone associated with this draw. One entry per person. All registrations on the DFS Website will be automatically entered into our monthly prize draw for the chance to win products at DFS up the value of £1500 (or a refund of your recent order up to the value of £1500) . There is no cash alternative to this prize. Prizes are not transferable, non-refundable and must be redeemed in a single transaction. By registering with DFS you consent to us contacting you for future marketing communications unless you indicate otherwise. Prizes are to be redeemed via websales department, not redeemable in store. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random. The decision of DFS is final and binding, no correspondence will be entered into. The decision of DFS cannot be contested in court. Winner will be notified of their prize by email. A winner who cannot be contacted after 3 attempts will forfeit their prize and it will be reallocated. By entering this competition, competitors will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules, and all entry instructions given are deemed to form part of the rules of the competition. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend any part of this promotion due to circumstances arising outside its reasonable control. The promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
Olapic sharing of images
By responding to our request with the hashtag #mydfs you are agreeing to the following: User Content - As between you and us, you own all content and information you post or share using the Site (referred to as “User Content”), such as posting or sharing comments, photos, and videos. You give DFS Furniture Limited permission to use your User Content as follows: you grant to DFS Furniture Limited and its affiliates a license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the Site and for other DFS marketing purposes, including without limitation in DFS catalogues, email and other customer communications, store materials and other marketing. We may display advertisements in connection with your User Content or on pages where your User Content may be viewed by you or others, and we may use your User Content to advertise and promote DFS Furniture Limited, DFS or the Site. Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes. Our license to your User Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning we do not owe you anything else in connection with our use of your User Content. We may exercise our rights anywhere in the world. Finally, our license is perpetual, meaning that our license lasts for an indefinite period of time. You promise that: You own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give DFS Furniture Limited the rights described above; You have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of your User Content; and Your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party. We may refuse to accept or transmit User Content for any reason. We may remove User Content from the Site for any reason. Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy If you believe that a user of the Site has infringed on your intellectual property rights, or if we have taken down your materials due to suspicion of copyright infringement, and you would like to dispute the alleged infringement, please click here for information on how to notify us.
Win a trip to Rio
Promoter: DFS Furniture Co Ltd, Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange, Adwick-le-Street, Doncaster, DN6 7NA. Please do not send entries to this address. Entry Restrictions: This promotion is open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) Isle of Man and Channel Islands aged 18 or over excluding employees and the immediate families of DFS (the Promoter) and its associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, its agents and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion. Competition Period: 00:01 24 February 2015 – 23:59 16 March 2015 Entry Method: Participants can enter online at www.dfs.co.uk or in store. No purchase necessary. Entry Limits: One entry per person only. There is no cash alternative to this prize. Prizes are not transferable and non-refundable. It is also illegal to resell the inclusions of this prize. Prize draw details: The draw will take place on 30th March 2015 and the winner will be notified within 24 hours by telephone or email. The winner will be announced on the DFS website from 1st April 2015. If the winner cannot be contacted after three (3) attempts within a 7 day period, they will forfeit their prize and it will be reallocated. This will be repeated until the prize is awarded. By entering this competition, competitors will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules, and all entry instructions given are deemed to form part of the rules of the competition. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend any part of this promotion due to circumstances arising outside its reasonable control. The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions. Prize details: One (1) trip for two (2) adults to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games between 5th–21st August 2016 for three (3) nights to include: • Return economy flights from a London international airport to Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) • Three (3) nights’ accommodation with daily breakfast at 4 star, centrally located hotel in Rio de Janeiro based on 2 people sharing a room (twin subject to availability) • A pair of tickets to at least two (2) different pre-selected Olympic Games events • Commemorative gift • Experienced program managers and staff available throughout your stay in Rio to ensure seamless program execution. • £200 spending money Prizes do not include local (ie UK) airport transfers, tourist visas, passports, meals (unless otherwise stated), travel insurance, any other costs of a personal nature not stated, all of which will be the sole responsibility of winners and guests. Winners and guests should be at least 18 years old and UK residents on the day of booking the trip. Tickets to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games are not currently available and will be distributed in 2016 (prior the start of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games) at the included package hotel. Standard Terms and Conditions for tickets to the Rio 2016 Games apply. All elements of the package are subject to Terms and Conditions of the package provider (available at www.cosport.com) which are deemed to have been accepted by each winner upon entering the competition and completing guest registration. Winners and guests must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the day they return to the UK after the trip in order to secure their own tourist visa if necessary. Selection of events, commemorative gifts, travel dates are at the Promoter’s absolute discretion. Exact travel dates will be confirmed by the Promoter. Travel must be taken at the stated dates/times, no alternatives available. Winners must alert the Promoter about any accessibility needs of the winner or guest upon accepting their Prize to allow for arrangements to be made. Prizes must be booked via the travel agency nominated by the Promoter and once a booking has been confirmed no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled no alternative tickets will be issued. For the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided and the prizes cannot be converted to a cash alternative. Name changes to the flight seats once confirmed are not permitted. Winners must be eligible to fly on the dates of travel in order to claim their Prize. Prize flights and hotels cannot be used in conjunction with any airline or hotel loyalty programmes, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer. Prize flights are subject to the airline’s standard terms and conditions. Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued on the flight tickets. An upgrade cannot be purchased on these tickets with cash or Frequent Flyer points. Upgrades are also not available to be purchased in hotels. Once flight tickets have been issued, the Promoter, shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter or Travel Companies. The Promoter is not responsible for elements of the Prize, such as events that are outside of its direct control or influence and cannot be held responsible for cancellations or delays. Further terms: The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Winners and guests will be required to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion. In addition, the Promoter will have the right, at their absolute discretion and without any payment or permission to/of the winners or their guests, to take and use their pictures/photos, films, names, answers, statements, county of residence or likeness for the purposes of this Promotion and information may be posted on Promoter website or any other media for marketing or other business purposes, without compensation or prior approval by the winners. The Promoter will have the right to use pictures/photos, films, statements, comments, names, counties copy, sublicense, transmit via any sort of digital or analogue media, publish, delete and otherwise exploit, to distribute, reproduce, publicly display and perform, modify, adapt, edit, create works and otherwise use the contents of any statements, photos, films of the winners as well as the usage of the winners` moral rights on the images, films without any payment or permission to/of the winners in whole or in part, either alone or in combination with other materials and content, in connection with the purposes of the Promotion. Promoter shall have all rights related to such photos, films, statements, and any information as mentioned above and their use for the period of 24 months after the prize has been won. Save that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud, the Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Promotion or in connection with the Prizes (including without limitation accepting or participating in the Prizes). The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure. The Promoter reserves the right to void any part of the Prize(s) and demand compensation if winners or guests: do not act or behave with a spirit of this Promotion, for example if they are breaking the law, consuming excessive amount of alcohol and getting drunk, dressed indecently and inappropriately, taking drugs, defame, misrepresent or using remarks about any person, including but not limited to the Promoter, as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter, using abusive or offensive language, statements, comments or endorses any form of hate or hate group. By taking part in this Promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as CoSport’s Terms and Conditions (a copy of which is available at www.cosport.com). By registering with DFS Trading Limited you consent to DFS contacting you for future marketing communications. The Promoter’s decision in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. If you would prefer not to receive marketing communications from DFS, please unsubscribe.
DFS Children In Need Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- DFS Trading Limited (01735950) of 1 Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange, Adwick-le-Street, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN6 7NA is the promoter of the Competition (the “Promoter”).
- The Competition can be entered by any UK resident (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, families, its agents or anyone else associated with this Competition.
- The Competition opens on 1st April 2014 and closes at 23:59 on 30 June 2015 (the “Competition Period”).
- There is one prize to be awarded for each calendar month of the Competition Period. Each prize comprises the repayment of the full amount paid by the entrant (or payment of the full amount if purchased using DFS interest-free payment) for an item or items purchased in a single order from DFS at the time of entry (the “Prizes”).
- To enter, entrants must (i) purchase at least one item from DFS during the Competition Period (a “Purchase”); (ii) pay a £5 entry fee (detailed further in paragraph 11 below); (iii) complete an entry form at the time of purchase giving full name, address and telephone number; and (iv) answer the following question on the entry form: How many stores does DFS have across the UK and Ireland?
- Entrants must complete the entry form in-store if they are making a Purchase in a DFS store and must hand this to a DFS sales assistant, or must provide details to the customer service assistant who will complete the entry form on their behalf at the time of Purchase if making a Purchase through the DFS customer service centre (customers purchasing through the customer service centre will receive confirmation of their entry by post). All fully completed entry forms that include the correct answer to the question will be entered into a prize draw that will take place following the end of the calendar month of the Purchase.
- Entrants will not be re-entered into prize draws for subsequent calendar months. Entrants may enter the Competition each time they make a Purchase and complete the steps listed at 5 above. Items purchased before or after the Competition Period will not qualify for entry into the Competition.
- The winner each month will be selected at random from all correct entries and notified by the Promoter by telephone and/or in writing within 10 days of the draw taking place using the details provided upon entry.
- In the event that only one entrant answers the question correctly, they will be selected as the winner. In the event that no entrants answer the question correctly, the entrant with the closest answer will be selected as the winner (if several entrants are equally close to the correct answer, a winner will be selected from them at random).
- Winners will receive by cheque a refund for the amount already paid towards their Purchase. Any Purchases paid for using DFS interest-free credit will be paid in full by DFS. All sums will be paid (for Purchases made using DFS interest-free credit), and/or cheques sent by recorded post (for amounts already paid), within 28 days of the draw date.
- The £5 entry fee minus VAT (£4.17) from all entries (regardless of whether the question is answered correctly) will be given by DFS to BBC Children in Need (registered Charity Number 802052) after the expiry of the Competition Period. The £5 entry fee is non-refundable. The value of the Prizes will be fully funded by the Promoter and will not be deducted from the entry fees.
- The Promoter is not liable for any entry forms that are illegible.
- Entries become the property of the Promoter upon entry and will not be returned.
- The names and counties of residence of each winner will be available for a period of three months following the end of the Competition Period by sending a self addressed envelope to the Promoter at 1 Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange, Adwick-le-Street, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN6 7NA.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prize will only be awarded directly to the winner. The Prize is personal to the winner and is non-transferrable to any other person.
- If an entrant returns or cancels their Purchase after entry, provided that they have answered the question correctly, they will still be entered into the Prize Draw held at the end of the month of their entry. If they are selected as the winner, they will win the items specified on their cancelled order. No substitution or cash alternative is available.
- The Prize winners may be required to participate in unpaid publicity related with this promotion including without limitation the inclusion of their names and photographs in a press release and use on websites owned by or operated on behalf of the Promoter.
- By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant which the Promoter believes has contravened any of these terms and conditions and select alternative winner at its discretion.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Competition or these terms and conditions. Entrants agree that the Promoter will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from participation in this Competition. Nothing in this clause shall limit the Promoter’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
- This Competition is governed by English law and the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction.