Flavours of black forest
Makes 10 served on canape spoons
- To make sponge
- 175g all-purpose GF Flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- 225g coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 275ml hot water
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Jar of kirsch-soaked cherries in kirsch
- Jar of black cherry jam
- 200g fresh black cherries
- 150g whipped coconut cream
- grated dark chocolate DF
Sponge: Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add hot water, sunflower oil and cider vinegar and mix until smooth.
Pour mixture into a lined baking tray- cook at 180 for 10-15 mins—allow to cool and cut into very small cubes for each spoon. Set aside.
To serve: Place 3 small cubes of sponge onto each spoon with a drizzle of kirsch onto each cube.
Pipe two dots of cherry jam amongst the sponge.
Add ½ fresh cherry and ½ Kirsch soaked cherry.
For the topping pipe on whipped coconut cream and grated chocolate to finish.